Monday, July 30, 2018

7/24/2018 Missed the exit



We are in Halifax Nova Scotia which turns out to be a fairly large city. 

We had an early appointment at the Cummins Service Garage that ran extra long before we were to head to our next campground. 

After leaving the service garage at 3:00pm we’d did a beeline for the campground. Well driving in Halifax is like driving in downtown Pittsburgh. The roads are small, the markings are confusing, and the people drive like they are all in the last lap of the Indy 500.

Well, you guessed it, we (I) missed the turn to go over the bay bridge, and next thing you know we are in rush hour traffic in downtown Halifax with the COW and car in tow. C-R-A-P!!!!

We survived, but we did surprise some locals wheeling this monstrosity through their town.  They just stopped “I saw them”, their mouth dropped,  and they looked astonished, that some fool was driving through town with this monster OR just maybe they were looking at the horror on my face and the words flying out of my mouth of how the H__l I was going to get out of this mess. 

I think the local bookies were giving 500 to 1 odds that we would not be successful

Let’s just say “I never want to do that again”. :-)

I give the truck delivery drivers in these cities a lot of credit 


No comments:

Post a Comment