Thursday, June 21, 2018

He didn’t have a chance


One more story about Camden Maine.  The Camden Police Department has this 2 hour parking scam going on where all the common parking in downtown is a maximum of 2 hours.  This includes everywhere but the police department parking lot and a few other hidden locations where the locals park.  Then they look for license plates from out of state and Wha-Lah they have money for their Christmas party.  

 Well guess who had a $10 parking ticket (with complimentary envelope,
pre-addressed for my convenience) on my windshield??  

To be customer friendly they gave us an option to pay in person at the  police department.

Well not wanting to be bothered mailing the $10 and wasting a stamp.  

Remember I am married to an accountant.  Every 47 cents is 47 cents :-)

Down to the police station we go.  

The clerk on the other side of the window advised it will be $10.  I pulled out my credit card and he said we only take cash.  I smiled and thought I wonder  if someone is accounting for all this cash.  THEN, Sandy started in on this guy.  “How is it that there are no signs in the town advising of the free parking?”  The mid-western Accountant was starting to get wound up.  I wanted to go to the clerks defense and back her off, but-t-t they only wanted cash (& I had already spent money in their town supporting their economy) so I strategically bit my tongue.  It took about 10 seconds of the Rath of Sandy and I saw him start to write V-O-I-D as sheepishly and quickly as he could.  HE DIDN’T HAVE A CHANCE :-)

So no ill will to the Camden Maine Police Dept, but be aware, they want a big Christmas Party this year.


1 comment: