Thursday, June 28, 2018

Have you ever had one of those days??

Today is the day we left Schoodic Woods, Maine and moved to Saint Johns New Brunswick Canada.  As predicted it was raining when we got out of bed and it is still raining when we are about to go to bed.

Here are the calamities that made today one of those days.

  1. We decided to ignore the Rand McNally GPS and stick to Route 1 through Maine along the coast.  Big mistake, the road was horrible.  In some parts it was dirt road.  Many parts were down to one lane.  Can you believe it, this is a major highway.
  2. Just after the border crossing into Canada I was getting up to speed at 55 MPH and in the background I heard what sounded like a sail on a boat fluttering in the wind.  I asked Sandy to look around, just then she noticed that our Automatic 20’ Awning on the passenger side of the MotorHome decided to automatically roll out.  Are you kidding me???  By the time I got the MotorHome with car in tow to the side of the road, the Awning was slightly bent and would roll in only 1/2 way.  I spent the next hour in pouring rain on a ladder trying to coax it in further.  Just what I wanted to do in cold driving rain along a major interstate.  Finally I was able to tie wrap it shut good enough so that we could continue on to St John’s
  3. Upon arrival at the campground, still in driving rain, they gave us our camp site.  As I approach the site my windshield wipers stopped working.  Apparently the mechanical linkage to the wipers broke (or hopefully just slipped) off the drive motor, as the drive motor is still spinning freely.  I am hoping for an easy fix, but am not holding my breath.  Have you ever seen the You Tube Video where the husband and wife each have a string attached to the windshield wipers?  They is coordinated fashion pull on their end of the string to move the wipers back and forth to clean the windshield.  I am hoping not to use this method :-)
  4. We begin our site setup.  Level the MotorHome, put out the slides, connect up the water and then, YOU Guessed IT, the sewer attachment at the site is in the next county.  With all the extensions I have I cannot reach this camp provided connection.  Down to the Camp office we go.  Now keep in mind I am on my 2nd winter coat, shoes, shorts and am completely soaked through.  

I just have to laugh.  At least I will at some future date :-). I told Sandy I should have just put my bathing suit on today.

  1. The camp office assigns us another site.
  2. After unhooking everything, again in the driving rain, I moved the MotorHome to a new site.  Get everything reconnected.  
  3. We sat down for a relaxing dinner and I look over at the sink and notice water dripping inside from the kitchen cabinets, out the door, and onto the counter.  It appears that one of the slides is leaking.  Keep in mind that it has been raining for 16 hours straight and will continue until sometime tomorrow.  Well we pull in the slide to hopefully stop the leak.


It is time to go to bed before something else happens.   Tomorrow has to be a better day

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What an "experience" 😉 Hope that's the end of your difficulties!!

    ReplyDelete