Wednesday, November 28, 2018

11/26/18. What a DIVE in Mobile Alabama

We stopped in Mobile Alabama at a campground named I-10 Kampground.  The name and spelling alone should have been a warning of what will come.

As we drove into the campground, our initial impression was “YUCK”.  By the way our initial impression was correct. The first thing we saw was permanent campers with old mildewed trailers, old scrap cars, and miscellaneous junk all over their lots.  

The GOOD SAM Club rating was 8.0 on most things.  Boy their employee that rated this location should be let go.

The site they gave us looked like it had not been taken care of for the last 10 years.  (Obviously just a money maker for travelers, suckers passing through).  The greeter looked like he had just came out of a cave, no teeth, long straggly hair, and spoke with a deep southern draw.  The breaker box was a hodge-podge of some off brand plastic piece of junk.  Of course I look at these things.  When we checked in the password for the wireless that did not work was buster2828. I am sure this was the owners nick name. The advertised cable TV also did not work. The office advised they would send over Junior to fix it.  I am beginning to hear banjo’s

Needless to say, I did not hook up the water for fear of what was at the other end of the pipe, we double bolted the door, slept with my shotgun, and left first thing in the morning.

By the way I do not carry a shotgun, but I am rethinking my decision now :-)


NOPE, we will not be coming back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment