Sunday, May 13, 2018

First visit to the Dump Station “Oh Shit” I mean??

We pulled into Pymatuning State Park with fully loaded Black and Gray Water Tanks.

We pulled up to the dump station.  First problem is the dump station was designed in a horseshoe layout designed for a much smaller rv.  With a little finess we were able to shoe horn the MotorHome in place.

I connected up my new dump hose with the new 1/4 turn quick connect, inserted the hose into the dump, opened the Black water valve and “Oh Shit,  I mean Oh Crap, it leaked.  I closed the valve, grabbed a screwdriver, tightened the clamp, opened the valve and “Oh Shit, it happened again.  Of course Sandy “my helpful cohort was full of instructions, lots of help, as she stood back out of the way, out of shooting distance.  I love all that advice while in the middle of a disaster??? :).

Needless to say the 1/4 turn connector got tossed into the trash.

Luckily the tanks were full of bleach water that I had used to sanitize the plumbing so I did not have to take a hazmat shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment