Wednesday, July 27, 2022

7/25/2022. Olympic National Park

 7/25/2022. Olympic National Park


Today we explored and hiked in Olympic National Park.  We hiked the trail at the end of the road called “Hurricane Ridge”. It is 1 1/2 mile long of which we hiked 1 mile in and 1 mile out.  The trail is paved with long drop offs on both sides and climbs upward and upward to a peak that overlooks the water stretching to Victoria, Canada.  Both the elevation 5000+ feet and the huge drop offs on both sides of the trail made me a little nervous.  On the trail we saw a Momma Black tail dear with her baby (see pictures below).  The scenery with snow on the mountains is gorgeous.  Sandy stated that this park is in her #1 or #2 of all the parks we have been to which to date is quite a few.  In my opinion, I would still say the Tetons is my favorite, with Yellowstone, the Cascades, Bar Harbor still being my Top 4.  Olympic National Park being #5.






























1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy & Bill, Beautiful park for sure. I can definitely see why it's on the top 5 for both of you. 👍

    ReplyDelete