Thursday, July 14, 2022

7/12/22 Have you ever had a Steam Bath while sitting in a Wooden Barrel? Sandy told me no way :-).

 I guess I can understand Sandy’s hesitation but she only saw the facilities from my attached pictures.  She didn’t visit the site like I did and know all the particulars.  If she did she would of said “Hell No”.


You see the wooden barrels looked like oversized wine barrels wedged between some roofed wooden structures at the end of a cul-de-sac. 


The campground was in Washington state, a mid-way stop between Portland Oregon and the North Cascades National Park.


The pictures are below, but what you don’t see is:


  1. Clothing was optional.  The sign reads “Once you close and lock the gate nobody can see inside.
  2. The Cul-de-sac surrounding the barrels contained a bunch of old 1960 trailers with roofed front porches.  Old Men with long gray beards (think Rumple Stilskin) were sitting in there rocking chairs smoking corn cob pipes facing the barrels.  
  3. Let’s just say the facilities may have looked somewhat clean, but it even gave me the Weebie, Jeebies and believe me I am not that picky.
  4. Oh and the lock on the door was just a slide lock like I may use on a backyard shed.  No combination,  no clasp, no chain, and probably wi-fi cameras :-)


Oh, If slats of the wooden barrels could talk.  I am sure there are stories to be told :-)








1 comment:

  1. Hi Kids! I was checking out the beautiful pictures you took at Cascades again and I realized I didn't see this post. I would have to agree with Sandy for sure. Those ole hippies from the 60s, ya just never know, funny

    ReplyDelete