Thursday, January 24, 2019

1/22/19. OH No. Our Home Thermostat Alarmed

Sandy and I both received an email from our Bryant Wireless Thermostat advising that it is calling for HEAT, yet the temperature in the house is still falling.  While we are enjoying 80 degree weather in Florida, our home in Medina Ohio is experiencing 0 to 10 degree weather with an abundance of snow.

THANK GOODNESS WE HAVE GREAT NEIGHBORS

And Thank Goodness I listened to the installing contractor when I had my furnace replaced with a new Energy Efficient furnace about 1 year ago.  He had told me that if the furnace exhaust ever gets covered in snow it will fault out and shut down due to the possibility of carbon monoxide being forced back into the house.  The furnace exhaust is approximately 2’ above the landscaping. When Northern Ohio receives a large snow storm with wind the drift along side my house can easily get above 2’.
  
I reached out to Jay Brown (one of our neighbors) and asked him to check out the furnace exhaust.  Sure enough it was buried.  Jay dug it out.  The furnace restarted.  Thank Goodness.

The balance of the neighbors then continued to snow blow my drive so it looks like someone is home.  This is how it is done in Medina, Ohio




Thank You to all of our neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment