Wednesday, December 19, 2018

12/19/2018. My new favorite Beach Campground.  Gulf Shores, Alabama

In the past two weeks we have stopped at Gulf Shores, Alabama and Henderson Beach State Park, Destin, Florida.

Years ago, my youngest daughter and I took a Father/Daughter trip to Henderson Beach State Park (maybe 20 years ago).  It was the prettiest Beach and Campground I had ever seen.  We had a great time.  

Shifting to my most recent trip I am disappointed.  The Beach is still beautiful and you can still walk from your camper to the Beach, but besides the State Park it is completely built up with Condo’s.  The traffic is crazy and the roads are being modified to handle more volume.  I don’t think I will be back.


On the other hand Sandy and I stopped at Gulf Shores, Alabama.  My new favorite.  Although the Campground is across a 4 lane road from the beach, you can get there by bike or car.  The campground has level/paved sites with full hook-up.  The state park has many paved/biking hiking trails.  You can bike to the beach or the local McDonald’s for lunch.  There are many snowbirds at the campground from Canada, Wisconsin, Michigan, and some from Ohio.  Pictures attached.











No comments:

Post a Comment