Wednesday, May 25, 2022

5/25/2022. Yosemite, California Campgrounds, running into my cousins, and the attack of the Ants

Yosemite although a beautiful park is a one and done for Sandy and I. We had allocated 3 days to see the park but after one long day and 12 miles of hiking we had seen enough to call it good. I guess after touring as many parks as we have Yosemite did not hit our “WOW” button. Attached our pictures of the park

It truly is a small world. I was walking along a paved trail inside Yosemite heading away from a parking lot when I recognized my cousin Ed and his wife Patty McHenry walking by me in the other direction. Here they are touring the California Parks on a 10 day vacation from Columbus Ohio and just happened to be in Yosemite the same day as Sandy and I. Picture of the four if us attached

So far California Campgrounds are unimproved and unimpressive. They are dirt sites, small roads, low trees, bugs and not level. Basically a tent site with electric that they shoe horn in big rigs such as ours then charge an arm and a leg. Not impressed and will not go back


As we were breaking down camp I asked Sandy to back the COW off of two of 2”x12” boards I used to level the COW in the campground outside if Yosemite. After she backed off the boards I picked them up to scrape off the dirt and stones. I then banged them on the road to knock off any excess dirt just before realizing a 100 black ants exited from the boards and were crawling up my legs and invading  my tennis shoes. Luckily as soon as they started biting and were still below my knees I was able to knock them off both legs and remove my shoes so I could shake them out.  Thank goodness I am not allergic to theses little pests.  


I will be glad when we are out of California!!













No comments:

Post a Comment