Wednesday, May 11, 2022

5/11/22 No Electric, High Temperature, No Air Conditioning, Visitors arriving in 5 minutes

We lost a phase.  “L2” of our 220V, 50 A incoming service burnt up.  Luckily my Progressive Industries Surge Arrestor that I paid $300, four years ago tripped out saving my coach from Single Phasing.  We had the Washer, Dryer, and three Air Conditioner running at the time.  The 220V, 50A receptacle on the Campground Pedestal burnt out.  The Pedestals Circuit Breaker never tripped.


The bigger issue was that my youngest daughter Andrea boyfriend Michael was arriving in 5 minutes.  We had no Air Conditioning.  It was in the middle of a sand storm.  I wasn’t sure how big of a problem I had.  Was it as simple as a bad receptacle or did I loose a phase internal to the COW.  After about 10 minutes, I diagnoses the problem (Thank Goodness it was a quick diagnosis and that it wasn’t my expense) that it was the receptacle.  I was able to quickly rearrange my connection on the pedestal to plug into the available 120V, 30 A receptacle.  This allow us to run one Air Conditioner until I had more time to correct the problem.


Meeting Michael and catching up with Andrea was a joy.  I am glad it all came together


But I can do without these problems popping up like this one did.


PS.  The campground was very apologetic after I showed them my burnt Surge Arrestor and explained that it was there issue not mine.  They even credited us $200 in camping fees which should help me to replace or repair my surge Arrestor.






1 comment:

  1. Glad everything worked out,good thing you had the surge protector.

    ReplyDelete