Saturday, December 7, 2019

12/5/2019. We are on the Road Again

We have been on the road for 6 days.  We are on our way to Mesa Arizona for the Winter.

We have covered many miles and states since we left home.  Tonight we are staying in the Palo Duro Canyon just outside of Amarillo Texas.

On Saturday last week we stopped at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky.  It was well worth the stop.  As expected they have many corvette’s on display many of which are on loan from the cars owners.  The Corvette Manufacturing plant is just down the street, but unfortunately they were closed to tours due to tooling change for the production of the new mid-engine 2020 model.  They did have one of the 2020 test models on display which we were able to look at.  I think it is going to be a winner.

On Sunday we drove to Memphis and camped directly across the street from The Elvis Presley Mansion.  Monday we toured the Mansion and Graceland.  Then drove to and toured Sun Studio where Elvis and many other artist started their singing career.

On Monday we moved on to Branson Missouri.  We Prepurchased tickets on line for the Clay Cooper Country Express and Christmas Show for Tuesday morning.  At the beginning of the show some of the cast members pulled people from the audience to participate in the preshow.  A cast member walked up and down the isle looking for “suckers” to pull up on stage.  After many in the audience turned them down, he walked over to Sandy and I while motioning for us to come up with him.  I shook my head “No” and Sandy stood up.  Of course, in the back of my mind I am thinking “What is she getting us into now”.  Up on stage we go.  They  put a cowboy hat on me and a hat with a big plume on the front of the hat on Sandy.  Next thing we know they are giving us detailed acting instructions.  They expected us to perform in front of the crowd while they pretended to record us with a fake movie camera.  I rolled my eyes and thought here we go.  In the end we did fine and the audience loved us, but I am pretty sure Sandy will never volunteer us again :-0.  At the end of the show Clay Cooper offered Sandy and I free tickets for a 50’s/60’s musical show the next morning (Wednesday).  We called the campground and they offered to let us check out late so we could go to the show which we did.  I am adding Branson to my list of favorite place to return.  Of the places we have traveled to I would return to Camden/Bar harbor Maine, Golf Shores Alabama, Ft Myers Florida, and Branson Missouri.  The Tetons/Yellowstone were also on my list, but I have been to both twice now so they have fallen off the list.

See pictures below of our 6 days of travel.





No comments:

Post a Comment