Saturday, December 7, 2019

12/5/19. A little to close for comfort & chipped $3000 windshield


Just North of Memphis Tennessee we were traveling along at 63 mph (which I have found to be the best speed for the Motorhome.  Same speed many truckers cruise at) in a 70 mph zone when a Nissan mini-van started to merge in front of me. The mini-van was going to slow to successfully make the merge.  In order to let him in without him side swiping the motorhome I pumped the brakes to slow down.  He merged 10’ in front of me, then immediately slowed down further and put on his flashers. I hit the brakes to bring us to a crawl and layed on the air horn.  I couldn’t go around him as traffic was flying past us in the passing lane at 70 mph.  

To make matters worse his mini-van was missing the rear clip (including the wrap around bumper) so as he merged his rear tire kicked up a stone creating a chip in the huge $3000 windshield on the Motorhome.

I have read of people purposely looking to get into an accident with a Motorhome  just so they can claim insurance.  Just like this guy did to us.  They pull in front of a Motorhome and quickly slow down or jam on the brakes so that the Motorhome will hit them in the rear-end.  I truly think this guy was setting us up.  After all he did need the rear clip replaced (or did he purposely remove the rear clip so that there would be extensive damage??)

Little did he know I have a dash cam and recorded the whole event.  Although after reviewing and saving the camera video, I did realize that my current camera is not clear enough to allow me to zoom in on his license plate.  It did do a good job of recording this clowns actions.

After the traffic cleared I was able to get around him using the passing lane while laying on my air horn.  Wouldn’t you know it he was looking at his cell phone while driving 35 mph on a busy 70 mph highway in Thanksgiving weekend traffic. 

To bad I couldn’t get his license plate I may have called the Missouri State Police and reported this clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment