Tuesday, February 26, 2019

2/25/2018 They make SPEED BUMPS huge in the Everglades. Dead 8’ Alligator in the middle of the road.

We left Ft Myers at 7:00 AM for the 2 hour drive to Shark Valley to go bike riding.  On our way down Rt 41 (Alligator Alley) a little after 8:30 AM we stumbled onto an Alligator that wasn’t quick enough to make it to the other side of the road.   

In my twisted mind, I couldn’t help but think about the conversation between the Alligator and a chicken prior to the accident.  You know the saying what came first the Chicken or the egg or is it who crossed the road first??  Anyhow I think the conversation went like this:
  “Chicken turns to the Alligator and said “you go first” and the Alligator said No, you go first.  Chicken says well OK, but if I make it, then you have to follow.  After the accident, the chicken thinks to himself, another win for the chickens, another pair of Alligator shoes with matching purse for those crazy humans.  Now maybe those humans will save me from the Chick-filet people  

Well I never expected to see an Alligator in the middle of the road.  Check this one off my bucket list.  I can only imagine what the driver of the vehicle said to himself when his headlights illuminated an 8’ alligator in the middle of the road prior to his vehicle being launched airborne off the back of this alligator :-).   The alligator did not survive and since the vehicle was no where in sight, my only guess is that it had to be a huge truck.  Boy, what a story that driver has to tell.

There were people running out with their cameras  to take a picture, but we decided it did not need to be archived in our photo album.

Later in the day as we returned home the alligator was no longer to be found.  Hmmm, I wonder what happened to it??

PS.  Don’t tell Sandy I posted this, because she gave me the look of “Are you Kidding, You cannot post this on our Blog”.

Oh, Yes I did. :-)  


No comments:

Post a Comment