Wednesday, June 1, 2022

6/1/2022. Come out with your hands up

It’s 6:30 A.M. in the sleepy town of Redding California. I wake up to a helicopter circling close to the campground. We are camped in Mountain View RV resort. Arrived yesterday. My first thought is there must be a bad accident on RT 5 as we are relatively close. The helicopter kept circling and circling. I hear police cars running hot coming towards the area. Still thought it must be an accident. After 45 minutes I hear from a megaphone “Come out with your hands up”!  OK, now it is time to get out of bed to investigate. With shorts over my pj’s and a hat on my head out the door I go. There are 3 other campers standing outside in the same state of dress watching the helicopter circle. We can’t see a thing for all the trees. Well we are in California. Time to go back to bed and check the news later in the day😉

PS. Sandy slept through the whole thing


Yup, I will be glad to have California in my rear view

No comments:

Post a Comment